handbook of mathematical formulas and integrals, jeffrey [pdf]
Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals (4th Edition) by Alan Jeffrey, Hui Hui Dai
MathSchoolinternational contain thousands of
Mathematics Free Books and
Physics Free Books. Which cover almost all topics for students of Mathematics, Physics and Engineering. We have also collected other
Best Free Math Websites for teachers and students.
Here is extisive list of
Math Formulas Books. We hope students and teachers like these textbooks, notes and solution manuals.
Share this page:-
About this book :-
Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals (4th Edition) written by
Alan Jeffrey, Hui Hui Dai .
This book contains a collection of general mathematical results, formulas, and integrals that occur throughout applications of mathematics. Many of the entries are based on the updated fifth edition of Gradshteyn and Ryzhik’s ”Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products,” though during the preparation of the book, results were also taken from various other reference works. The material has been arranged in a straightforward manner, and for the convenience of the user a quick reference list of the simplest and most frequently used results is to be found in Chapter 0 at the front of the book. Tab marks have been added to pages to identify the twelve main subject areas into which the entries have been divided and also to indicate the main interconnections that exist between them. Keys to the tab marks are to be found inside the front and back covers.
The extensive additions, and the inclusion of a new chapter, has made this classic work by Jeffrey, now joined by co-author Dr. H.H. Dai, an even more essential reference for researchers and students in applied mathematics, engineering, and physics. It provides quick access to important formulas, relationships between functions, and mathematical techniques that range from matrix theory and integrals of commonly occurring functions to vector calculus, ordinary and partial differential equations, special functions, Fourier series, orthogonal polynomials, and Laplace and Fourier transforms. During the preparation of this edition full advantage was taken of the recently updated seventh edition of Gradshteyn and Ryzhik’s Table of Integrals, Series, and Products and other important reference works. Suggestions from users of the third edition of the Handbook have resulted in the expansion of many sections, and because of the relevance to boundary value problems for the Laplace equation in the plane, a new chapter on conformal mapping, has been added, complete with an atlas of useful mappings.
Book Detail :-
Title: Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals
Author(s): Alan Jeffrey, Hui Hui Dai
Publisher: Academic Press
Get this book from Amazon
About Author :-
Alan Jeffrey, University of Newcastle, NE1 7RU Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
Alan Jeffrey Giacomin who Ontario, Canada (959) is a professor of Chemical Engineering at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario and cross-appointed in the Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering. He has been Editor-In-Chief of Physics of Fluids since 2016. He holds the Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Rheology from the Canadian government's Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council. Since 2017, Giacomin has been President of the Canadian Society of Rheology.
Giacomin graduated from St. Thomas High School (Quebec) in Pointe-Claire, Quebec. He later went to Queen's University and completed a B.Sc. Honours in chemical engineering in 1981. He then completed a M.Sc. in chemical engineering in 1983 at Queen's University. Following this, Giacomin joined Professor John Dealy's group at McGill University and completed a Ph.D. in chemical engineering in 1987.
He has been a faculty member in Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University and at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, he directed the Rheology Research Center for 20 years. He has held visiting professorships in North America, Europe, and Asia at: Université de Sherbrooke, McGill University, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, École des Mines de Paris, the National University of Singapore, Chung Yuan University, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, University of Crete, Shandong University, Shanghai University, Peking University and King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok.
He has served The Society of Rheology as Associate Editor for Business for the Journal of Rheology. In October 2016 he gave the keynote lecture for Rheology of Complex Fluids at the 66th Annual Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference. Giacomin holds Professional Engineer status in Wisconsin and Ontario.
Hui-Hui Dai's research interests include: 1) Mathematics and mechanics of phase transitions and bifurcation phenomena in solids; 2) Nonlinear waves in solids and solitons; 3) Asymptotic methods and their applications to problems in mechanics. He is serving on the editorial boards of International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics and International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Applications. He has organised a number of international conferences and served as the programme secretary of the Hong Kong Mathematics Society and a member of the executive committee of the Hong Kong Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. Currently, he is the departmental project leader on joint supervision schemes with Wuhan University, Zhengzhou University and Zhongshan University.
Other famous books of this Author :-
Here is list all books avaliable of this author.
• Download PDF Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Alan Jeffrey
• Download PDF Essentials Engineering Mathematics (2E) by Alan Jeffrey
• Download PDF Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists (6E) by Alan Jeffrey
• Download PDF Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals (4E) by Alan Jeffrey, Hui Hui Dai
• Download PDF Matrix Operations for Engineers and Scientists: An Essential Guide in Linear Algebra by Alan Jeffrey
• Download PDF Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations by William F. Ames, Werner Rheinboldt, Alan Jeffrey
Join our new updates, alerts:-
For new updates and alerts join our WhatsApp Group and Telegram Group (you can also ask any [pdf] book/notes/solutions manual).
Join WhatsApp Group
Join Telegram Group
Book Contents :-
Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals (4th Edition) written by
Alan Jeffrey, Hui Hui Dai
cover the following topics.
Preface to the Fourth Edition
Notes for Handbook Users
Index of Special Functions and Notations
0. Quick Reference List of Frequently Used Data
1. Numerical, Algebraic, and Analytical Results for Series and Calculus
2. Functions and Identities
3. Derivatives of Elementary Functions
4. Indefinite Integrals of Algebraic Functions
5. Indefinite Integrals of Exponential Functions
6. Indefinite Integrals of Logarithmic Functions
7. Indefinite Integrals of Hyperbolic Functions
8. Indefinite Integrals Involving Inverse Hyperbolic Functions
9. Indefinite Integrals of Trigonometric Functions
10. Indefinite Integrals of Inverse Trigonometric Functions
11. The Gamma, Beta, Pi, and Psi Functions, and the Incomplete Gamma Functions
12. Elliptic Integrals and Functions
13. Probability Distributions and Integrals, and the Error Function
14. Fresnel Integrals, Sine and Cosine Integrals
15. Definite Integrals
16. Different Forms of Fourier Series
17. Bessel Functions
18. Orthogonal Polynomials
19. Laplace Transformation
20. Fourier Transforms
21. Numerical Integration
22. Solutions of Standard Ordinary Differential Equations
23. Vector Analysis
24. Systems of Orthogonal Coordinates
25. Partial Differential Equations and Special Functions
26. Qualitative Properties of the Heat and Laplace Equation
27. Solutions of Elliptic, Parabolic, and Hyperbolic Equations
28. The z-Transform
29. Numerical Approximation
30. Conformal Mapping and Boundary Value Problems
Short Classified Reference List
Open Now or
Download Similar Books
Best Math Formulas Books