quantum theory of solids 2e, charles kittel [pdf] MathSchool
Quantum Theory of Solids, Second Edition by Charles Kittel
MathSchoolinternational.com contain houndreds of
Free Physics Books. Which cover almost all topics of mathematics. To see an extisive list of
Electric Circuits textBooks . We hope mathematician or person who’s interested in mathematics like these books.
Share this page:-
Report DMCA / Copyright
Congratulations, the link is avaliable for free download.
How to Download a Book?, ... Need Help?
About this book :-
Quantum Theory of Solids, Second Edition
Charles Kittel .
The object of this textbook is to present the central principles of the quantum theory of solids to theoretical physicists generally and to those experimental solid state physicists who have had a one year course in quantum mechanics. The book is intended for use in a one year graduate course, to follow a year of general education in the facts of solid state physics at the level at least of my earlier book Introduction to Solid State Physics, second edition. Much of the physical background to the theory is developed there, and it is hoped in the next edition to develop the physical interpretation up to the level needed here.
Book Detail :-
Title: Quantum Theory of Solids
Author(s): Charles Kittel
About Author :-
The author Charles Kittel did his undergraduate work in physics at M.I.T and at the Cavendish Laboratory of Cambridge University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin. He worked in the solid state group at Bell Laboratories, along with Bardeen and Shockley, leaving to start the theoretical solid state physics group at Berkeley in 1951. His research has been largely in magnetism and in semiconductors. In magnetism he developed the theories of ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic resonance and the theory of single ferromagnetic domains, and extended the Bloch theory of magnons. In semiconductor physics he participated in the first cyclotron and plasma resonance experiments and extended the results to the theory of impurity states and to electron-hole drops.
He has been awarded three Guggenheim fellowships, the Oliver Buckley Prize for Solid State Physics, and, for contributions to teaching, the Oersted Medal of the American Association of Physics Teachers. He is a member of the National Academy of Science and of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
All Famous Books of this Author :-
Here is list all books, text books, editions, versions or solution manuals avaliable of this author, We recomended you to download all.
• Download PDF Elementary Statistical Physics by Charles Kittel
• Download PDF Introduction to Solid State Physics (8E) by Charles Kittel
• Download PDF Introduction to Solid State Physics (8E) Solution Manual by Charles Kittel
• Download PDF Quantum Theory of Solids, Second Edition by Charles Kittel
• Download PDF Thermal Physics by Charles Kittel, Herbert Kroemer
• Download PDF Mecánica Berkeley Physics Course (Volume-1) by Charles Kittel, Walter D. Knight, Malvin A. Ruderman, A. Carl Helmholz, Burton J. Moyer
• Download PDF Mechanics Berkeley Physics Course (Volume-1) by Charles Kittel, Walter D. Knight, Malvin A. Ruderman, A. Carl Helmholz, Burton J. Moyer
• Download PDF Mechanics Berkeley Physics Course (Volume-1) Solution Manual by Charles Kittel, Walter D. Knight, Malvin A. Ruderman, A. Carl Helmholz, Burton J. Moyer
Join our new updates, alerts:-
For new updates and alerts join our WhatsApp Group and Telegram Group (you can also ask any [pdf] book/notes/solutions manual).
Join WhatsApp Group
Join Telegram Group
Book Contents :-
Quantum Theory of Solids, Second Edition
cover the following topics.
1. Mathematical Introduction
2. Acoustic Phonons
3. Plasmons, Optical Phonons, and Polarization Waves
5. Fermion Fields and the Hartree-Fock Approximation
6. Many-Body Techniques and the Electron Gas
7. Polarons and the Electron-Phonon Interaction
9. Bloch Functions-General Properties
10. Brillouin Zones and Crystal Symmetry
11. Dynamics of Electrons in a Magnetic Field: de Haas-van Alphen Effect and Cyclotron Resonance
13. Calculation of Energy Bands and Fermi Surfaces
14. Semiconductor Crystals: I. Energy Bands, Cyclotron Resonance, and Impurity States
15. Semiconductor Crystals: II. Optical Absorption and Excitons,
16. Electrodynamics of Metals
17. Acoustic Attenuation in Metals
18. Theory of Alloys
19. Correlation Functions and Neutron Diffraction by Crystals
20. Recoilless Emission
21. Green's Functions-Application to Solid State Physics
Appendix: Perturbation Theory and the Electron Gas
We are not the owner of this book/notes. We provide it which is already avialable on the internet. For any further querries please contact us. We never SUPPORT PIRACY. This copy was provided for students who are financially troubled but want studeing to learn.
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
Now please OPEN for DOWNLOAD the BOOK.
Open Now or
Download Similar Books
Quantum Physics Books