Special functions by Earl Rainville [pdf]
Special Functions by Earl Rainville
MathSchoolinternational contain thousands of
Mathematics Free Books and
Physics Free Books. Which cover almost all topics for students of Mathematics, Physics and Engineering. We have also collected other
Best Free Math Websites for teachers and students.
Here is extisive list of
Special Functions Books. We hope students and teachers like these textbooks, notes and solution manuals.
Share this page:-
Report DMCA / Copyright
About this book :-
Special Functions written by
Earl D. Rainville .
This book is based upon the lectures on Special Functions which author has been giving at the University of Michigan since 1946. There are dozens of topics, numerous methods and hundreds of special functions which could well have been included.
This text book can be read not only by professional mathematicians, physicists, engineers, and chemists but also by well trained graduate students in those and closely allied fields. Even research worker in special functions may notice however some results or techniques with which he is not already familiar.
Many of the standard concepts and methods which are useful in the detail study of special functions are included. The reader will also find here other tools such as Sheffer classication of polynomial set and Sister Celine's technieque for obtaining recurrence relation, which deserve to become more widely used.
(Earl D. Rainville)
Book Detail :-
Title: Special Functions
Author(s): Earl D. Rainville
Publisher: Chelsea Pub Co
Download Similar Books from Amazon
About Author :-
The author Earl David Rainville (1907 – 1966) was the professor taught in the Department of Engineering Mathematics at the University of Michigan, where he began as an assistant professor in 1941. He studied at the University of Colorado, receiving his B.A. there in 1930 before going on to graduate studies at Michigan, where he received his Ph.D. in 1939 under the supervision of Ruel Churchill. He died on April 29, 1966.
All Famous Books of this Author :-
Here is list all books, text books, editions, versions or solution manuals avaliable of this author, We recomended you to download all.
• Download PDF Special Functions by Earl Rainville
• Download PDF Intermediate Course in Differential Equations by Earl Rainville
• Download PDF Elementary Differential Equations (6E) by Earl D. Rainville, Phillip E. Bedient, Richard E. Bedient
• Download PDF Elementary Differential Equations (8E) by Earl D. Rainville, Phillip E. Bedient, Richard E. Bedient
• Download PDF Elementary Differential Equations (8E, Solution Manual) by Earl D. Rainville, Phillip E. Bedient, Richard E. Bedient
Join our new updates, alerts:-
For new updates and alerts join our WhatsApp Group and Telegram Group (you can also ask any [pdf] book/notes/solutions manual).
Join WhatsApp Group
Join Telegram Group
Book Contents :-
Special Functions written by
Earl D. Rainville
cover the following topics.
1. Infinite Products
2. The Gamma and Beta Functions
3. Asymptotic Series
4. The Hypergeometric Function
5. Generalized Hypergeometric Functions
6. Bessel Functions
7. The confluent Hypergeometric Functions
8. Generating Funcitons
9. Orthogonal Polynomials
10. Legendre Polynomials
11. Hermite Polynomials
12. Laguerre Polynomials
13. The Sheffer Classification and Related Topics
14. Pure Recurrence Relations
15. Symbolic Relations
16. Jacobi Polynomials
17. Ultraspherical and Gegenbaur Polynomials
18. Other Polynomial Sets
19. Elliptic Functions
20. Theta Functions
21. Jacobian Elliptic Functions
Open Now or
Download Similar Books
13 Best Special Functions Books