Teach Your Child Math by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Brant Shermer
(Making Math Fun for the Both of You)
MathSchoolinternational.com contain houndreds of
Math Free PDF Books. Which cover almost all topics of mathematics. To see an extisive list of
Real Analysis Free PDF Books . We hope mathematician or person who’s interested in mathematics like these books.
Share this page:-
We need Your Support, Kindly Share this Web Page with Other Friends
Congratulations, the link is avaliable for free download.
About this book :-
Teach Your Child Math written by
Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
By transforming math "problems" into games, this easy-to-follow book gives parents a fun way to help their children learn math. With an expanded section on problem solving, fun word problems, and entertaining visual concepts, it proves that math can be interesting.
Mathematics is a wonderful, elegant, and exceedingly useful language. It has its own vocabulary and syntax, its own verbs, nouns, and modifiers, and its own dialects and patois. It is used brilliantly by some, poorly by others. Some of us fear to pursue its more esoteric uses, while a few of us wield it like a sword to attack and conquer income tax forms or masses of data that resist the less courageous.
This book does not guarantee to turn you into a Leibniz, or put you on stage as a Professor Algebra, but it will, we hope, bring you a new, exciting, and even entertaining view of what can be done with that wonderful invention-numbers.
We all think we know enough about arithmetic to get by, and we certainly feel no guilt about resorting to the handy pocket calculator that has become so much a part of our lives. But, just as photography may blind us to the beauty of a Vermeer painting, or an electronic keyboard may make us forget the magnificence of a Horowitz sonata, too much reliance on technology can deny us the pleasures that you will find in these pages.
This is a fun book. You wouldn't have it in your hands right now if you didn't have some interest either in improving your math skills or in satisfying a curiosity about this fascinating subject. As with all such instruction books, you may only retain and use a certain percentage of the varied tricks and methods described here, but that alone will make it worth the investment of your time.
Book Detail :-
Title: Teach Your Child Math : Making Math Fun for the Both of You
Author(s): Arthur Benjamin, Michael Brant Shermer
Download similar book from Amazon
About Author :-
Author Arthur T. Benjamin is a Professor of Mathematics at Harvey Mudd College. He graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1983, where he earned a B.S. in Applied Mathematics with university honors. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences in 1989 from Johns Hopkins University, where he was supported by a National Science Foundation graduate fellowship and a Rufus P. Isaacs fellowship. Since 1989, Dr. Benjamin has been a faculty member of the Mathematics Department at Harvey Mudd College, where he has served as department chair. He has spent sabbatical visits at Caltech, Brandeis University, and University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
1999, Professor Benjamin received the Southern California Section of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics, and in 2000, he received the MAA Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo National Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics. He was named the 2006í2008 George Pólya Lecturer by the MAA.
Dr. Benjamin’s research interests include combinatorics, game theory, and number theory, with a special fondness for Fibonacci numbers. Many of these ideas appear in his book (co-authored with Jennifer Quinn), Proofs That Really Count: The Art of Combinatorial Proof published by the MAA. In 2006, that book received the Beckenbach Book Prize by the MAA. Professors Benjamin and Quinn are the co-editors of Math Horizons magazine, published by MAA and enjoyed by more than 20,000 readers, mostly undergraduate math students and their teachers.
Professor Benjamin is also a professional magician. He has given more than 1,000 “mathemagics” shows to audiences all over the world (from primary schools to scienti¿ c conferences), where he demonstrates and explains his calculating talents. His techniques are explained in his book Secrets of Mental Math: The Mathemagician’s Guide to Lightning Calculation and Amazing Math Tricks. Proli¿ c math and science writer Martin Gardner calls it “the clearest, simplest, most entertaining, and best book yet on the art of calculating in your head.” An avid games player, Dr. Benjamin was winner of the American Backgammon Tour in 1997.
Professor Benjamin has appeared on dozens of television and radio programs, including the Today Show, CNN, and National Public Radio. He has been featured in Scienti¿ c American, Omni, Discover, People, Esquire, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and Reader’s Digest. In 2005, Reader’s Digest called him “America’s Best Math Whiz.”
All Famous Books of this Author :-
Here is list all books, text books, editions, versions or solution manuals avaliable of this author, We recomended you to download all.
• Download PDF Proofs that Really Count: The Art of Combinatorial Proof by Arthur T. Benjamin, Jennifer Quinn
• Download PDF Mathemagics: How to Look Like a Genius Without Really Trying by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
• Download PDF Math and Magic by Arthur T. Benjamin
• Download PDF Mathe Magie by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
• Download PDF The Calculus Story: A Mathematical Adventure, David Acheson
• Download PDF Biscuits of Number Theory by Arthur T Benjamin, Ezra Brown
• Download PDF The Fascinating World of Graph Theory by Arthur Benjamin, Gary Chartrand, Ping Zhang
• Download PDF Teach Your Child Math by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Brant Shermer
• Download PDF Secrets of Mental Math by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
• Download PDF The Joy of Mathematics. Course Guidebook by Arthur T. Benjamin
• Download PDF The Magic of Math: Solving for x and Figuring Out Why by Arthur T. Benjamin
Math Formulas's Top Books:-
Math Formulas's Top Books recommended for you.
1300 Math Formulas by Alex-Svirin Ph.D.
Schaum Mathematical Handbook Formulas Tables (5E)
CRC Standard Mathematical Tables, Formulas (33E) By Daniel Zwillinger
Join with us :-
Book Contents :-
Teach Your Child Math written by
Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
cover the following topics.
0. Schnelle Tricks - einfache (und beeindruckende) Rechnungen
1. Ein bisschen Geben und nehmen - Addition und Subtraktion im Kopf
2. Das Ergebnis einer verschwendeten Jugendeinfache Multiplikation
3. Neue und noch bessere Produkte - Multiplikation mit Zwischenprodukten
4. Teile und herrsche - Division im Kopf
5. Passt schon - die Kunst des Überschiagens
6. Mathe für die Tafel - rechnen mit Papier und Stift
7. Ein erinnerungswürdiges Kapitel- wie man sich Zahlen merkt
8. Das Schwere leicht gemacht - Multiplikation für Fortgeschrittene
9. Ohne Kaninchen und Zylinder - die Kunst der Mathe-Magie
10. Epilog - Mathematik und Obersinnliches
Lösungen der Übungsaufgaben
We are not the owner of this book/notes. We provide it which is already avialable on the internet. For any further querries please contact us. We never SUPPORT PIRACY. This copy was provided for students who are financially troubled but want studeing to learn.
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
Now please OPEN for DOWNLOAD the BOOK.
Open Now or
Download Similar Books
Math Magic Top 10 Books