Secrets of Mental Math by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
MathSchoolinternational.com contain houndreds of
Math Free PDF Books. Which cover almost all topics of mathematics. To see an extisive list of
Real Analysis Free PDF Books . We hope mathematician or person who’s interested in mathematics like these books.
Share this page:-
We need Your Support, Kindly Share this Web Page with Other Friends
Congratulations, the link is avaliable for free download.
About this book :-
Secrets of Mental Math written by
Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
What will you learn from this book? You will learn to do math in your head faster than you ever thought possible. After a little practice, you will dramatically improve your memory for numbers. You will learn feats of mind that will impress your friends, colleagues, and teachers. But you will also learn to view math as an activity that can actually be fun.
Too often, math is taught as a set of rigid rules, leaving little room for creative thinking. But as you will learn from Secrets, there are often several ways to solve the same problem. Large problems can be broken down into smaller, more manageable components. We look for special features to make our problems easier to solve. These strike me as being valuable life lessons that we can use in approaching all kinds of problems, mathematical and otherwise.
“But isn’t math talent something that you are born with?” I get this question all the time. Many people are convinced that lightning calculators are prodigiously gifted. Maybe I was born with some curiosity about how things work, whether it be a math problem or a magic trick. But I am convinced, based on many years of teaching experience, that rapid math is a skill that anyone can learn. And like any worthwhile skill, it takes practice and dedication if you wish to become an expert. But to achieve these results efficiently, it is important that you practice the right way.
Book Detail :-
Title: Secrets of Mental Math
Author(s): Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Download Books from Amazon
About Author :-
Author Arthur T. Benjamin is a Professor of Mathematics at Harvey Mudd College. He graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1983, where he earned a B.S. in Applied Mathematics with university honors. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences in 1989 from Johns Hopkins University, where he was supported by a National Science Foundation graduate fellowship and a Rufus P. Isaacs fellowship. Since 1989, Dr. Benjamin has been a faculty member of the Mathematics Department at Harvey Mudd College, where he has served as department chair. He has spent sabbatical visits at Caltech, Brandeis University, and University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
1999, Professor Benjamin received the Southern California Section of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics, and in 2000, he received the MAA Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo National Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics. He was named the 2006í2008 George Pólya Lecturer by the MAA.
Dr. Benjamin’s research interests include combinatorics, game theory, and number theory, with a special fondness for Fibonacci numbers. Many of these ideas appear in his book (co-authored with Jennifer Quinn), Proofs That Really Count: The Art of Combinatorial Proof published by the MAA. In 2006, that book received the Beckenbach Book Prize by the MAA. Professors Benjamin and Quinn are the co-editors of Math Horizons magazine, published by MAA and enjoyed by more than 20,000 readers, mostly undergraduate math students and their teachers.
Professor Benjamin is also a professional magician. He has given more than 1,000 “mathemagics” shows to audiences all over the world (from primary schools to scienti¿ c conferences), where he demonstrates and explains his calculating talents. His techniques are explained in his book Secrets of Mental Math: The Mathemagician’s Guide to Lightning Calculation and Amazing Math Tricks. Proli¿ c math and science writer Martin Gardner calls it “the clearest, simplest, most entertaining, and best book yet on the art of calculating in your head.” An avid games player, Dr. Benjamin was winner of the American Backgammon Tour in 1997.
Professor Benjamin has appeared on dozens of television and radio programs, including the Today Show, CNN, and National Public Radio. He has been featured in Scienti¿ c American, Omni, Discover, People, Esquire, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and Reader’s Digest. In 2005, Reader’s Digest called him “America’s Best Math Whiz.”
All Famous Books of this Author :-
Here is list all books, text books, editions, versions or solution manuals avaliable of this author, We recomended you to download all.
• Download PDF Proofs that Really Count: The Art of Combinatorial Proof by Arthur T. Benjamin, Jennifer Quinn
• Download PDF Mathemagics: How to Look Like a Genius Without Really Trying by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
• Download PDF Math and Magic by Arthur T. Benjamin
• Download PDF Mathe Magie by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
• Download PDF The Calculus Story: A Mathematical Adventure, David Acheson
• Download PDF Biscuits of Number Theory by Arthur T Benjamin, Ezra Brown
• Download PDF The Fascinating World of Graph Theory by Arthur Benjamin, Gary Chartrand, Ping Zhang
• Download PDF Teach Your Child Math by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Brant Shermer
• Download PDF Secrets of Mental Math by Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
• Download PDF The Joy of Mathematics. Course Guidebook by Arthur T. Benjamin
• Download PDF The Magic of Math: Solving for x and Figuring Out Why by Arthur T. Benjamin
Math Formulas's Top Books:-
Math Formulas's Top Books recommended for you.
1300 Math Formulas by Alex-Svirin Ph.D.
Schaum Mathematical Handbook Formulas Tables (5E)
CRC Standard Mathematical Tables, Formulas (33E) By Daniel Zwillinger
Join with us :-
Book Contents :-
Secrets of Mental Math written by
Arthur Benjamin, Michael Shermer
cover the following topics.
Foreword by Bill Nye (the Science Guy®)
Foreword by James Randi
Prologue by Michael Shermer
Introduction by Arthur Benjamin
0. Quick Tricks: Easy (and Impressive) Calculations
1. A Little Give and Take: Mental Addition and Subtraction
2. Products of a Misspent Youth: Basic Multiplication
3. New and Improved Products: Intermediate Multiplication
4. Divide and Conquer: Mental Division
5. Good Enough: The Art of “Guesstimation”
6. Math for the Board: Pencil-and-Paper Math
7. A Memorable Chapter: Memorizing Numbers
8. The Tough Stuff Made Easy: Advanced Multiplication
9. Presto-digit-ation: The Art of Mathematical Magic
10. Epilogue by Michael Shermer: How Math Helps Us Think About Weird Things
We are not the owner of this book/notes. We provide it which is already avialable on the internet. For any further querries please contact us. We never SUPPORT PIRACY. This copy was provided for students who are financially troubled but want studeing to learn.
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
Now please OPEN for DOWNLOAD the BOOK.
Open Now or
Download Similar Books
Math Magic Top 10 Books